Corporate and Academic Public Speaking
Our aim is to teach young professionals and academics how to prepare conference presentations, business project presentation, and their PhD defenses.
◦ Working on the posture and the outfit
◦ Physical presence
◦ Dealing with the stress of public speaking
◦ Voice technique parameters
◦ Placing your voice
◦ Holding your voice with your diaphragm
◦ Rhetoric basis
◦ Preparing the text and the logical accents in it
◦ Explaining your PowerPoint slides
◦ Space or scenography conditions
◦ Perception consciousness
◦ Who is your audience?
Interactive work with students in smaller groups. Learning voice and body techniques in public speaking through numerous exercises, games, situations and examples. Most of the posture and vocal exercises are derived from the time-proven theater techniques.
After following this training, the participants will learn how to compose a structured speech for different professional occasions and defend their ideas in a confident way. They will also learn how to express themselves with integrity. Speaking publicly will become a moment of great pleasure and technical performance.
Students should send by e-mail, 2 weeks before the course, an example of a short text / speech they would like to work on.
Bojana Miljanic, PhD
After more than 10 years of acting career, university teaching experience with MFA theater students and working for an internationally renowned company (Cartier), I have fused my competences to help those who need to present their projects or give a speech in front of an audience. Deep knowledge of actors’ skills and corporate life and love for teaching and transmitting made me create this personalized program that gives special attention to individual’s needs.
I am open-minded, multicultural and passionate about meeting new people and teaching them how to express themselves verbally with integrity and self-confidence. My strong academic background is proven by 10 years of study of Acting, Movement, Voice techniques and the Diction: I hold a PhD in Arts & Media – Theater studies, a Master’s degree in Arts, Philosophy and Aesthetics – Theater studies, a diploma in pantomime and movement studies from the International Theater School Jacques Lecoq as well as the BFA in acting degree from the Faculty of Dramatic Arts. I also obtained two certificates in Business and Administration and in Project Management from Paris Sorbonne University – CFDip.
- Email (contact pédagogique, pour toutes questions sur le contenu de la formation uniquement) : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dates : 9, 10, 11 décembre 2019
- Lieu : Université Paris Diderot 75 013 Paris
- Durée de la formation : 2 jours
Nombre de jours validés par le Cfdip : 2 jours
- Pré-requis : PhD candidates (all disciplines) and future young professionals. For english speaking students
- Public visé : Doctorant.e.s
- Effectif : 16
IMPORTANT : L’ouverture de la campagne d’inscription se fera fin Juillet.