A single college bringing together 32 Doctoral Schools
Every year, USPC funds a total of 20% of the PhD contracts attributed by USPC’s doctoral schools.
In addition, USPC pays great attention to careers support and, thanks to it’s Doctoral Center for Professional Development and Career Training (CFDip), offers all PhD students a large choice of practical and interdisciplinary training courses to contribute to the development of professional skills as well as to prepare them for their future job search.
- Make the doctorate the first degree awarded by USPC
- Develop the training of doctoral candidates to facilitate their professional integration and career development
- Change the map of doctoral schools when they are renewed to offer a more coherent and visible offer at site level
- Promote the convergence of practices between doctoral schools, for example in the recruitment and reception of doctoral students
- Opening up doctoral schools through the internationalization of recruitment or the development of dual-culture doctorates.
- Increase the number of doctoral contracts to reduce the number of unfunded doctoral students and the duration of theses
The CED has made possible:
- a joint implementation of the new decree on doctoral training (25 May 2016) and the sharing of good practices through a theses charter
- offer, through its training centre, the CFDip, a wide range of vocational training courses and actions to prepare for the pursuit of a career after the doctorate (up to 210 offered courses in 2015-16 for close to 2000 Phd candidates)
- coordinate, in conjunction with the other Comues d’ Île-de-France and the Ministry, investigations into the employment status of doctors
- pilote the deployment of a management tool common to all stakeholders in doctoral training called AMETHIS
- led the reconfiguration of doctoral schools
- proposed a new repartition of doctoral contracts.
After a first wave of successful EUR projects that it will accompany, the CED will also play a role in the preparation of the future proposals.
- It is the contact service and the privileged actor for international calls for projects (INSPIRE, China Scholarship Council).
- Within the framework of the Idex, USPC also awarded 48 international doctoral contracts in 2014 and 2015, anticipating the calls made under the INSPIRE project and 30 “double culture” doctoral contracts intended to finance projects carried out by two teams from two different doctoral schools.
Doctorate Charter University Sorbonne Paris Cité
Board of the Doctoral College
- Thomas Coudreau, CED director
- Samuel Bottani, CED deputy director
- Dan Savatovsky, director of the doctoral school ED 268, langages et langues, Sorbonne Nouvelle representative
- Marc Delpech, director of the doctoral school ED 562, Bio Sorbonne Paris Cité, Paris Descartes representative
- Fernando Rodrigues Lima, directeur du service de formation doctorale, Paris Diderot representative
- Gilles Brougère, director of the doctoral school ED 493, Erasme, Paris 13 representative
- Stéphane Sawas, director of the doctoral school ED 265, Langues, littératures et sociétés du monde, INALCO representative
- Pierre François, director of the doctoral school ED 234, Sciences Po, Sciences Po representative
- Judith Mueller, EHESP Doctoral Network representative
- Clément Narteau, deputy director of the doctoral school ED 560, Sciences de la Terre, de l’Environnement, Sciences de l’Univers Paris, Institut Physique du Globe (IPGP) representative