After selection by USPC and then by the CSC, they will receive an allocation for 48 months of approximately 1200 € net/month paid by the CSC.
All disciplines are eligible
- SET: Exact Science and Technology
- SVS: Life and Health Sciences
- HALL: Humanity, Art, Literature and Languages
- SS: Social Sciences
Two types of financing are available
- Master 2 + 3 years of thesis (mostly for Exact Sciences and Technology and Life and Health Sciences). Enrolment in doctoral studies is not a right but is conditional on obtaining a sufficient level at the end of the M2.
- 4 years of thesis (mostly for the Humanities, Arts, Letters and Languages and Social Sciences)
Candidates will be required to demonstrate a sufficient level of language proficiency depending on the team’s working language.
Note: candidates are only concerned by steps 4 and 6.
STEP 1 – Feedback from the research team’s subjects in the direction of their DS.
Subjects will have to specify:
- doctoral school and registration institution
- host team (s). They must belong to a unit or team registered in the contract of one of the USPC establishments.
- the envisaged duration of the doctorate (M2 + 3 years or 4 years). In the case of “M2 + 3 years” financing, the name of the master’s degree concerned must be indicated.
- the subject (more or less detailed depending on what is expected of the candidate)
STEP 2 – Transmission of topics from Doctoral Schools to the College of Doctoral Schools
After validation and harmonization of the forms by the Doctoral Schools, they must be returned no later than Monday, November 13,2017 at 5pm CET to the College of Doctoral Schools by email at email@example.com
Subjects must be submitted in WORD format in English or French depending on the language of work.
The document will be named “Pôle-Etablissement-N°ED-DISCIPLINE” (ex: SS-P5-ED180-SOCIOLOGY). A list of acronyms for institutions and poles is provided at the end of this document.
In case of several subjects in the same discipline, the Doctoral School will add a number.
STEP 3 – Online publication of topics from 16 to 24 November 2017 by the College of Doctoral Schools
STEP 4 – From 1 December 2017 to 16 January 2018 17h CET (six weeks): Opening of the site for applications
Applicants will be required to complete an online questionnaire (in English or French) and provide the following documents:
- Motivational letter: if necessary, a research project can be attached to this letter.
- Copies of diplomas, bachelor’s and master’s degrees and transcripts (or equivalent)
- Successful completion of an independent language test (in English or French)
The application page will be accessible from the CED website: http://self.parisdescartes.fr/cgi-bin/WebObjects/RecDoctor.woa
STEP 5 – Selection of candidates by the Doctoral Schools
From January 18,2018 to February 27,2018
Access by research cluster (a Doctoral School may have access to several clusters)
Each Doctoral School must validate the selected applications before the end of the application period on March 1st at 12:00 CET.
STEP 6 – Transfer of selected applications to the CSC
After reviewing the selection, the college of Doctoral Schools forwards the list of successful applicants to the CSC.
At the same time, successful applicants must also submit a dossier to the CSC on the CSC website: http://www.csc.edu.cn
STEP 7 – June 1,2018: Publication of results by the China Scholarship Council
Arrival of future doctoral students from September 2018 onwards.